An avid collector for well over 20 years. His collection started with GI Joe and exploded from there (they are still sorting through the debris). He moved into comics and has spent years building a large collection. Tracy is also a collector of Star Wars vintage toys that evolved into a love of all Star Wars products. Doctors have long thought that had it not been for toys and comics, Tracy would have started collecting women. A fact that has not gone unnoticed… except by women. He has found that his collection matured while he stayed the same. Tracy has been a mainstay on the comic and toy convention circuit and has been involved with several online communities as well (including GI JOE, Star Wars and comics). He has served on staff for some of the largest web sites around. His knowledge of the business end and the inner workings of comic and toy companies has been an invaluable asset to the Needless Essential site. As a graduate of Milligan College (can you believe this guy got an MBA? Neither can we) he hopes to bring some critical knowledge into the site. Tracy’s goal is to bring our readers the hottest news, entertaining articles and insights into our nerd-filled hobby.
A toy collector through and through, Scott has been seriously collecting since Christmas of 1997 when his parents gave him a G1 Jetfire Transformer they found at a flea market. Little did they know the fire they ignited that day. Scott is very knowledgeable about most any 80’s – current toyline regardless of how obscure or mainstream. If he doesn’t know about a toy, he’ll learn all he can in a short amount of time. His other passion is photography, thankfully he’s been able to put those skills to work taking pictures of toys for his reviews. He hopes to show off new and old toys and fan the collector flames within everyone.
Stan’s first comic was Superman #305, which hooked him on comics at an early age. Except for a year in High School after a girl laughed at him for reading Uncanny X-Men Annual #10, he’s read comics ever since. His one love in comics is the Legion of Super-Heroes, especially since it is the source of his favorite comic of all time, Legion of Super-Heroes #305, “Violet’s Story.”
Stan loves comics, and has turned that love into an honest criticism for bad storytelling but balances that with a need to rave about great moments of storytelling. He’s also taking a turn at expressing this love through drawing, both illustrations and webcomics, including creating the sci-fi comic Jet-Pack Jenny. His artwork and comics can be seen at carpaltunnelpress.blogspot.com. Feel free to contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New to the entire website gig, Barry has been a fan of most things 80’s nostalgia, such as Transformers, Star Wars, G.I. Joe and the like. An avid gamer, Barry has an extensive collection of vintage games, ranging from NES to PS3. Admittedly being a bit of a nerd, Barry also loves comics and has a budding collection of Masterpiece Transformers. A graduate from the MBA program at Milligan College, Barry spent a lot of time writing his papers along with Tracy’s. Perhaps one day Barry will figure out what he wants to be when he grows up…then again the growing up part probably will never happen.
I must admit I am a noob when it comes to online reporting but I can bring a ton of fun to the Needless crew. As a collector of fine LEGO building sets, I have the knowledge and passion to bring you all the LEGO news and reviews I can find. On the side I am a true blue comic book guy as I manage one of Charlotte’s finest Comic shops. This gives me an edge with many things such as early reviews, having time to educate people on LEGO and just having fun. Hopefully I can bring something that these others guys cannot do….class
I’m a quirky guy who really goes deep when starting a collection. As a fan of Funko, I do believe I have amassed one amazing collection. One that might even rival Funkos showroom at Cons! I do kid but yeah, I am a Funko finatic and besides POP’s I am an avid video game connoisseur. Throw in some action figures and comics and I am definitely at home with Needless Essentials. I am not new to the online news reporting and I am sure I can show these guys a thing or two. My goal is to help spread the word on Funko products and much, much more!
Allen Jack Schaffer
I’m not your father’s collector, that’s for sure. I’m not into toys as much as some others. But, when it comes to everything else, I’m your guy. Table top master, video game lover, card games to the max, tv, comics, and movies are all my thing. Outside of collecting, I am a husband, father of two tiny furry beasts, one dog and one cat. My goal is to bring back the idea of playing, collecting, and watching with your friends and family in the same place by resurrecting split screen and table top/card games.
How to contact us:
Needless Essentials Online respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same. It is Needless Essentials Online policy, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf, Needless Essentials Online will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement committed using the Needless Essentials Online website.
If you are a copyright owner, or are authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the Site by completing the following DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement and delivering it to Needless Essentials Online. Upon receipt of the Notice as described below, Needless Essentials Online will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including removal of the challenged material from the Site. DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement (“Notice”).
- Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or – if multiple copyrighted works are covered by this Notice – you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- Identify (i) the material that you claim is infringing (or to be the subject of infringing activity) and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Site where such material may be found, and (ii) the reference or link, to the material or activity that you claim to be infringing, that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate that reference or link, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Site where such reference or link may be found.
- Provide your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
- Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:”I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material or reference or link to such material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).””I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
- Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to Needless Essentials Online Management Team:
Needless Essentials Online
2491 Brookwood Rd
Lincolnton NC, 28092